Winterfest of Lights in Ocean City, MD
Celebrate the 28th Annual Winterfest of Lights in Ocean City, MD at the Grand Hotel! Escape to our favorite beach town for some fun and relaxation to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Pack your bags and take a road trip with your family, or quarantine-buddies and watch Ocean City shine during Winterfest.
Find your perfect hotel room to unwind for a few days while enjoying this Ocean City, MD staple. Don’t forget to check out our promos and packages so you make sure that you’re getting the best deal on the shore this holiday season.
Due to COVID-19, this year’s event will look a bit different than in years past, which is why our local experts at the Grand Hotel have listed a few of the changes that you can expect to see at Winterfest this year.
Updates to the 28th Annual Winterfest of Lights
- New Event Hours: Extend your fun and enjoy longer hours this year during the 28th Annual Winterfest of Lights. This year the town of Ocean City wants to make sure that everyone gets down to enjoy the hundreds of lights that’ll make Northside Park glisten and shine. The 28th Annual Winterfest will open on November 19th, and remain open until January 2nd. The event will be held Wednesday through Sunday from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- No Boardwalk Tram: Traditionally, Winterfest of Lights employs a fleet of Ocean City Boardwalk trams to guide guests through the light displays. This year, due to social distancing guidelines, and to avoid extended wait times that would take place if everyone was distanced on a tram, it will be eliminated. Instead, guests will be able to walk the half-mile attraction of lights and holiday-themed decorations. Get some exercise in because you’ll be able to loop the displays as many times as you’d like!
- Updated Layout: Enjoy a half-mile walking trail around the lagoons on the south end of Northside Park. Visitors can circle the loop as many times that they’d like, as well as rest on the benches and picnic tables. Grab a hot coffee at the Java Beach Cafe inside the Grand Hotel to keep warm as you enjoy winter at the beach!
- New Lights: Due to the new layout, the town will be lightning up at least 200 trees, as well as illuminating the bridge over the lagoon for some added lights this year. Respectively, some of the larger displays will not be up at Winterfest of Lights this year, due to the new layout of the event.
- Indoor Giftshop Location: The gift shop and Santa area will still be indoors, however, instead of being inside the traditional, large, heated tents, the town is moving this part of the event inside the community room in the Recreation and Parks Complex.
Keep the tradition alive and visit the 28th Annual Winterfest of Lights this holiday season! Book your perfect hotel room at the Grand Hotel for the best rates on the boardwalk. Contact our reservation specialists with any questions. We can’t wait to see you!