White Marlin Open in Ocean City, MD
The White Marlin Open is coming back to Ocean City for its 47th year. This year’s event will be held on August 3rd through the 7th. Visit the “White Marlin Capital of the World” to watch in suspense as fates change with the tip of the scale with millions of dollars on the line, at the world’s largest and richest billfish tournament!
Since 1974 the White Marlin Open has awarded skilled fishermen and novice anglers over $63 million dollars in prize money! The White Marlin Open holds many tournaments under its umbrella, with prizes awarded for white marlin, blue marlin, tuna, wahoo, dolphin, and shark, and there’s even a catch and release division.
While this year’s tournament may look a bit different than it did in years past, the Town of Ocean City is excited to bring back this Ocean City classic. Check out the new safety rules and regulations for the White Marlin Open below
White Marlin Open COVID-19 Information
In partnership with the Worcester County Health Department, there will be significantly reduced spectators allowed at the Harbour Island weigh-ins, and the event layout will be modified. This year, a new family-friendly viewing experience will be located at the 3rd Street Bayside ballpark where people can cheer on the boats as they head to Harbour Island to weigh their catch, view a live stream of the weigh-ins, shop vendor booths, purchase concessions, and official White Marlin gear!
Harbour Island Marina and the 3rd St. Bayside ballpark location will both have staff who are trained on all safety protocols and hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the event spaces.
Important Information for Harbour Island Spectators:
- Wristbands will be required to enter Harbour Island.
- Wristband distribution will begin at 2 pm each day and will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- Face coverings are required for everyone over the age of 10.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout Harbour Island.
- Chairs, blankets, and coolers are not permitted at Harbour Island.
Important Information for 3rd Street Spectators:
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged – there will be lots of room to spread out!
- Face coverings are recommended but not required at this location.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the ballpark.
- Coolers are not permitted.
- Chairs and blankets ARE permitted.
In addition to viewing the White Marlin Open live, there will also be live-streaming available to watch the weigh-ins in real-time. The entire event is live-streamed daily, with merchandise available online for purchase as well.