Things to Do on a Rainy Day in OCMD
Planning a vacation to Ocean City, MD with rain in the forecast? While no one wants to stay inside during a beachside vacation, if you booked your stay to OCMD, you’re in luck if a little unseasonable weather comes your way!
Check out these top 5 things to do on a rainy day in Ocean City, MD, chosen by the local experts at the Grand Hotel & Spa!
Top 5 Things to Do When it Rains
- Visit a Museum: Use the lack of sunshine to learn something new! Check out the Ocean City Life-Saving Museum, conveniently located on the boardwalk at the Inlet. The Life-Saving museum was built in 1891 and is used today for historical and educational purposes. Learn all about the life-saving service of the early 20th century, enjoy relics from years past, and let the kiddos play in the Little Keepers Day Room.
- Ripleys Believe It or Not!: While you’re at the Inlet, head inside Ripley’s Believe It or Not! on Atlantic Avenue. In Ripley’s two-story museum, you’ll find over 500 oddities, exhibits, and interesting artifacts that can keep the family busy for hours.
- Indoor Mini-Golf: Some could argue that mini-golf is the official sport of Ocean City. Enjoy indoor mini-golf at Old Pro Golf’s 68th Street location. Climate-controlled, and open year-round, this indoor golf course features fun arcades for even more fun.
- Go Shopping: Ocean City is home to no shortage of locally owned boutiques, shops, and businesses to enjoy shopping and exploring. Or, enjoy some shopping the Ocean City Outlets, across the 50-bridge in West Ocean City.
- Eat: Enjoy your rainy day indoors by grabbing a bite to eat at one of Ocean City’s local restaurants. Can’t decide where to go? Narrow down your choices by sorting by what you’re in the mood for, whether that be Mexican, Asian, seafood, or Italian, OCMD has it all! Looking for what’s open? Check out this ultimate guide on dine-in, carry-out, and outdoor dining in Ocean City.
Note: If there is a severe storm, please seek shelter and stay safe in accordance to local guidance before you seek out a rainy day boredom-buster!